This healthy homemade granola recipe is the perfect blend of crunchy oats, nuts, dried fruit, and honey.
Oh granola, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
You’re sweet and a little bit salty.
You’re crunchy and chewy and filling.
I can have you for breakfast.
I can have you for a snack.
And I can sprinkle you all over ice cream for dessert.
I can customize you just the way I want.
You’re the best.
Make this granola any way you like it. With nuts, without nuts. With cranberries or with dried blueberries. With coconut oil or canola oil. With wheat germ or flax. This is the freedom that is homemade granola! Now go get a giant bowl and start mixing up your freedom. You’re welcome.
Yield: 10 cups of granola
Recipe by bakeeatrepeat.blogspot.com
6 cups rolled oats (make sure they’re certified GF if needed)
2 cups sliced almonds
1 cup coconut
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup flax seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
3 T butter
1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place two sheets of parchment paper on two large cookie sheets (cookie sheets that have small “lips” or sides work best).
2. In a gigantic bowl mix together oats, almonds, coconut, cranberries, raisins, flax, cinnamon, and salt.
2. In a small saucepan over medium low heat, mix together oil, butter, honey, and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved and ingredients are incorporated. Important: Do not over heat!
3. Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and mix until all the dry ingredients have some moisture on them.
4. Spread mixture over two pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Stir granola halfway through baking. Remove from oven and let cool.