Banana Crumb Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Dash nutmeg (optional)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter (or just over 2 1/2 Tablespoons), melted
2/3 cup brown sugar
4 Tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or line with muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, mash bananas then add sugar, egg, and melted butter. Beat well.
4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
5. Spoon into prepare cups.
6. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. With a pastry cutter or two forks, cut in butter until mixture becomes crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.