Question: What do you get when you combine a block of feta cheese, a few spicy jalapenos, and a couple roasted garlic cloves? Answer: The best. dip. ever.
Seriously, this dip is a party in your mouth. Spicy, garlicky, tangy, creamy, fresh. You won’t be able to stop eating it. Which is totally okay…unless of course you intended for this dip to just be a light snack before dinner. No…this snack IS dinner.
Smear it on some toasted pita bread, a little crostini, crackers, or chips. Your mouth will thank you.
On a side note: Roasting garlic is super easy plus caramely and delicious. Why have I never done this before???
Jalapeno Feta Dip
Yield: 4 servings (I would recommend doubling or tripling this recipe to feed a crowd)
Recipe adapted from How Sweet Eats
1 8 oz. block feta cheese
2 whole jalapeno peppers
3 Tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tsp. lemon zest (optional)
Salt and pepper
Crackers, pita, or chips, for dipping (I used Ritz Air Baked Chips…as addicting as the dip!)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with foil. Cut the top off a bulb of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in foil. Place garlic bulb and 2 jalapenos on the baking sheet. Roast 25-30 minutes or until garlic is caramelized and golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, crumble feta. Add olive oil, lemon juice, and zest. Stir with a fork to combine.
3. Squeeze 4 cloves of garlic from the bulb and add to feta bowl. Place remaining cloves in a sealed container and save for later use.
4. Slice open jalapenos, remove seeds, then finely chop. Add to feta bowl.
5. Using a fork, smash garlic cloves, and stir all to combine. Add salt, pepper, and additional olive oil until the taste and texture desired is reached. Serve at room temperature.