Egg and Veggie Fried Rice
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe adapted from Jennifer Perillo on Tasty Kitchen
4 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons oyster sauce (you can use all soy sauce if you want. The oyster sauce makes it a bit sweeter and thicker).
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon Canola oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced carrots
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup frozen peas
4 cups leftover jasmine rice
3 green onions, sliced
1. In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil and set aside.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon Canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add egg and scramble until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Heat remaining oil in the pan then add onions, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add peas to pan and cook for about one minute, or until soft and heated through. Stir leftover rice into the pan and chop to break up any large lumps. Add scrambled egg back to the pan.
5. Pour sauce mixture over all and stir until completely coated. Heat through (about 2 minutes). Serve with green onions and additional salt and pepper, if needed.