2014 Reader Survey Results
Hey friends! Just popping in to give you a brief rundown of my 2014 Reader Survey results!
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to give me feedback! So many of you shared such kind words. I actually got a little teary reading through your responses. Thank you for letting me be a small part of your day and your table. It means so much to me!
Today, I wanted to share a few of the takeaways from the survey and let you know how they’ll influence this space going forward.
Thankfully, most of you are happy with the frequency of posts, the balance of sweet to savory recipes, and the amount of sponsored posts. However, I was surprised how many of you said your favorite part of NeighborFood was the savory recipes! When I first started the blog (over 3 years ago now!!), it was primarily a dessert and baking blog, but I’m so glad you all are enjoying the savory recipes as much as (and even more than!) the sweets.
Here are a few other takeaways:
- Most of you find out about new posts through my emails. If you haven’t signed up yet, you can sign up here!
- The number one priority for most of you when choosing a recipe is how easy it is to make, followed by healthy then made from scratch.
- The vast majority of you want to spend less than 45 minutes of active time to prepare a meal for your families.
- Lack of time seems to be the biggest challenge for most of you in the kitchen.
- The top three responses to what type of recipe you’d like to see more of were Healthy Main Dishes (58%), Easy Main Dishes (57%), and Slow Cooker Recipes (47%), though the answers for this question were really spread out over all the categories.
- There was a lot of interest in a series on Potluck Recipes and Party/Entertaining Tips and Tricks. <<This makes me excited!!
- Most of you prefer to search for recipes using a combination of course, ingredient, season, and occasion.
- Many of you are interested in seeing more lifestyle posts and personal reflections along with product and book reviews.
Going forward, expect to continue seeing a similar balance here on NeighborFood between savory and sweet recipes with the occasional lifestyle post. I’ll also be focusing on keeping my savory recipes simple to prepare since time constraints seem to be the biggest kitchen challenge for many of you. A few of you also mentioned including calorie and nutrition information for meals, so I’ll be working to integrate that into my healthier recipes as well. Let’s face it. No one wants to see how many calories are in chocolate cake.
I’m thrilled so many of you said you were interested in a series on Potluck Recipe and Party Tips. My wheels are turning, so look for some developments in that area after the holidays. I’ll also be continuing my monthly Leftover posts and occasionally you might get an additional post about life happenings, book readings, or faith-doings.
Finally, I’m super excited to be working on a site redesign that will make searching for recipes much easier, so you can find exactly what you’re looking for. You’ll be able to search by course and ingredient, but also by occasion. I want the perfect Christmas morning breakfast or dinner party to be at your fingertips.
Again, I just want to thank you all so much for taking the survey and inviting me to be part of your day! I feel incredibly blessed to be doing this and am so grateful for each one of you. If you have more thoughts, you can always shoot me an email. I love to hear from you!
Thanks so much for sharing this (and just FYI, I think the email subscription link might not be working!)
Yikes! Thanks for catching that Erin! 🙂