Posted by Courtneyhttps://neighborfoodblog.com/2017/01/turkey-and-butternut-squash-curry.html
© 2017 Neighborfood. All rights reserved.
Turkey and Butternut Squash Curry
5 adjust servings
20 minsPrep Time
10 minsCook Time
30 mins Total Time
- 1 lb. Honeysuckle White ground turkey
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 a butternut squash, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro, for serving
- Prepared rice, for serving
- Greek yogurt, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat a teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook, stirring often, until no pink remains. Remove the turkey to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet and add the onion, bell pepper, and squash. Saute until the onions start to soften--3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger, and spices and saute until fragrant, another minute or two.
- Add the turkey back to the pan along with the tomatoes and coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a steady simmer, cover, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the butternut squash is softened.
- Serve the mixture with a swirl of Greek yogurt, a sprinkling of fresh chopped cilantro, and rice, if desired.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 297kcal Calories from fat 178|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|