Posted by https://neighborfoodblog.com/2017/12/bacon-wrapped-pork-tenderloin.html
© 2017 NeighborFood. All rights reserved.
Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
25 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
55 mins Total Time
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 lb. pork tenderloin
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon (I recommend using regular, NOT thick sliced)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4-1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Set aside 2 Tablespoons of the pomegranate juice. Combine the remaining pomegranate juice and honey in a small pot. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is reduced by half, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the glaze to cool and thicken while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Generously sprinkle the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. In a large oven proof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Place the pork in the skillet and brown on all sides. Remove to a cutting board. Use the 2 Tablespoons pomegranate juice to deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom, then remove the pan from heat.
- Wrap the bacon slices around the pork, overlapping them so the ends stay secure. Place the pork tenderloin back in the skillet. Pour the glaze over the pork, using a brush to make sure it's thoroughly covered. Place the pork in the oven and roast uncovered, scooping up and brushing the pork with the juices from the pan every 10 minutes. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 145 degrees. Remove the pork from the oven and glaze again. Allow to rest for 5 minutes then glaze a final time, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, and serve. The glaze left in the pan goes great with blistered or roasted green beans!
Loading nutrition data...