This Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is creamy and satisfying. Lightly sweetened with honey and topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon, it tastes like a peanut butter teddy graham. This easy recipe is beloved by everyone in our family, including the kids!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothies
We already know that peanut butter makes the best baked treats thanks to this recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese’s Pieces.
And we know that with some added banana and honey you can make a perfect Fluffernutter sandwich.
And we also know that adding peanut butter makes an amazing dip, thanks to this homemade recipe for Amish Peanut Butter Spread.
But did you know that peanut butter also makes a killer smoothie? These peanut butter banana smoothies are rich and satsifying, but won’t bog you down. You can blend one up in just five minutes and satisfying that peanut butter craving in a hurry!
Ingredients in a Honey Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Milk- Feel free to use cow’s milk or a dairy free alternative of your choice.
- Peanut Butter- Choose a creamy peanut butter. I prefer the texture of commercially processed peanut butter, but natural peanut butter will also work just fine. You can even substitute another nut butter if you prefer.
- Banana- If you’ve got bananas that are getting a bit over-ripe, peel them and toss them in the freezer for smoothies! They give the smoothie a wonderful soft-serve ice cream like texture.
- Honey- Increase or decrease the honey based on your preferences
- Cinnamon- If you love a cinnamon graham cracker, you’re going to want to be generous with this spice!
- Ice- This is especially important if your banana isn’t already frozen.
How to Make A Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Combine the milk, peanut butter, banana, honey, cinnamon and ice in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy. If you used a frozen banana, you may need to add just a touch more liquid to get it to blend. Serve immediately.
More Quick and Easy Breakfast Recipes
- 1 cup milk of your choice (recommend dairy, oat, or almond)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 banana (frozen for an ice cream-like consistency)
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (more or less, to taste)
- First add in the almond or coconut milk and the ice cubes, blending until smooth. If you blend these two ingredients together until frothy and smooth (what I highly suggest doing) it will make your blending life much easier once you start adding the other ingredients.
- Add the peanut butter and banana to the blender and blend on high until smooth. Then, add the honey and cinnamon, blending at a low setting until combined.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately with a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired. For a fun addition, serve with graham crackers or teddy grahams!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 8gSugar: 38gProtein: 17g
Please note nutritional information for my recipes is calculated by a third party service and provided as a courtesy to my readers. For the most accurate calculation, I always recommend running the numbers yourself with the specific products you use.
Looking to jazz up your kids boring lunch? Try making a Grilled PB&J sandwich!