In the latest addition of Stuff I’ve Googled, we’re covering leftover egg yolk recipes. If you’ve spent any amount of time baking or cooking, I’ve sure you’ve experienced this conundrum. You made Peanut Butter Meringue Pie or an egg white omelet or Wonton Mozzarella Sticks, and now you’re left with a bowl full of sunny egg yolks. Luckily for you there are plenty of good uses for egg yolks, so you don’t have to guiltily throw them away after keeping them in the fridge for too long (not that I’ve ever done that….ahem).

Don't throw away those extra egg yolks! I've got over 50 leftover egg yolk recipes in this roundup!

Egg yolks are great for adding richness to everything from pasta to ice cream to breads. An extra egg yolk is also the secret ingredient to irresistibly chewy cookies. Don’t feel like turning on the oven? Use those extra egg yolks to make your own mayonnaise or hollandaise sauce. I’ve even included a recipe for hair superfood, because, let’s face it, who couldn’t use a little extra shine after these brutal winter days?

So don’t let those yolks go to waste! Check out these recipes from NeighborFood and friends across the web!

Leftover Egg Yolk Recipe Round UpCreme Brulee Cheesecake Bars from Handle the Heat

1 egg yolk

50 Leftover Egg Yolk Recipes from NeighborFoodBlog.com

Challah Bread from The Novice Chef

2 egg yolks

I've got 50 Egg Yolk Recipes on the blog so you never have to throw away leftover egg yolks again!

Crepe Suzette Crepe Cake from Pineapple and Coconut

3 egg yolks

Got leftover egg yolks? I've gathered up 50 egg yolk recipes to put those leftovers to good use!Peanut Butter Pudding from I Wash You Dry

4 egg yolks

Recipes for Leftover Egg Yolks | Neighborfoodblog.comHomemade Lemon Curd from Daring Gourmet

5 egg yolks

Egg Yolk Recipes

Greek Lemon Soup with Chicken and Orzo from Love and Olive Oil

6 egg yolks

Have the same problem but with egg whites instead? Be sure to check out my collection of 50 egg whites recipes!

• Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough March 20, 2014, 9:52 AM

LOVE this roundup! Such a great idea (because I always seem to have leftover egg yolks).

• Courtney @ Neighborfood March 20, 2014, 10:45 AM

Thanks girl! I actually have some leftover yolks in my fridge right now. Oh, the irony. 🙂

• Karen @ The Food Charlatan March 20, 2014, 1:24 PM

I have 5 eggs yolks sitting in my fridge as we speak. You’re a GENIUS Courtney!

• Danielle Kenitz March 20, 2014, 2:00 PM

Thank you for sharing this! I soooo need it 🙂 Out of curiosity – how long can you keep an egg yolk in the fridge before it goes bad – not that I have one waiting to be used or anything 😉

• Courtney @ Neighborfood March 20, 2014, 2:33 PM

The standard I’ve heard is 4 days. You can put a little water over the yolks to keep then from drying out then just drain before using.

• Nancy March 21, 2014, 12:45 PM

You’ve totally got our back, girl. I’m always wondering what to do with extra yolks! I’ve got to pin this post so that I always have this list handy. I just read your reply to Danielle’s question – I’m notorious for putting eggs yolks in the fridge and seeing them a week later, all flaky ‘n dried ‘n gross. No more wasted yolks for me!

• Courtney @ Neighborfood March 22, 2014, 11:33 AM

Yeah! i just discovered that trick and it’s going to save me from a lot of nasty yolks!

• Joanne (eats well with others) March 22, 2014, 7:35 AM

I always seem to have egg yolks hanging around! This is such a great roundup! Thanks so much for including my cream puffs!

• Colleen (Souffle Bombay) March 25, 2014, 7:58 AM

Came by for Chocolate and PB Day and this caught my eye – EVERY morning my 12 year son wants 2 eggs – straight up or on a sandwich of some sort – minus the yolks (doesn’t like them) – I feel guilty that I usually throw them away – THIS IS AWESOME! I kept meaning to make a list of uses, in addition to the ones off the top of my head…and you did it for me! Smaaa-oooch!

• Sheila Johnson August 1, 2014, 1:25 AM

Courtney, so fun to see that this post of yours brought quite a few people to my blog yesterday! It was great to spend the last couple days with you! You are truly a sweet sweet person! thanks again for the share! Sheila

• Courtney @ Neighborfood August 1, 2014, 11:02 AM

That’s awesome Sheila! I’m so glad. It was so lovely to meet you. I wish I had more time to chat with you! I was hoping to talk to you more about your experience with adoption. It’s something my husband and I are both passionate about. We’ll have to stay connected online!

• Christina Lakey July 19, 2015, 2:49 AM

I seriously love this round up and have shared it with so many people! Egg yolks rock.

• Courtney @ Neighborfood July 22, 2015, 11:44 AM

I’m so glad it’s been helpful to you Christina! I was hoping I wasn’t the only one who always needed new ideas for egg yolks. 🙂

• Adultfrienster March 7, 2017, 7:15 AM

It’s remarkable designed for me to have a site, which is beneficial designed for my experience.
    thanks admin