Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly will take your PB&Js to the next level!
Please tell me you do this already.
Please tell me you think it’s silly for me to even post this recipe, because everyone already knows how amazing it is to grill a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Tell me you’ve been doing this for years and it’s a staple in your family’s lunch time rotation.
Because if you haven’t ever grilled a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or you’ve never heard of such a thing, I’m going to feel a little bit guilty.
A little bit guilty that I’ve waited almost two full years to tell you about this special sandwich.
A little bit guilty that I’ve let you continue to live your life without knowing what you were missing.
It’s time to right this wrong, and share with you one of my favorite lunches.
You’ve surely had your fair share of PB and Js. Maybe you’ve even experimented with fancy jams, added slices of banana, or tucked nutella or marshmallow creme between two slices of bread.
But if you really want to take your PB and J to the next level, there’s only one thing to do. Grill it.
That’s right. Slather the outer sides of your bread with butter, slather the insides with peanut butter and your favorite jam or jelly, then plop it in a skillet and let it get nice and toasty brown on both sides.
Slice it in half lunchbox style then take a bite.
Let it hit you. The crispy, buttery bread giving away to jelly and peanut butter all melted together into a warm, gooey mess.
This is pb and j…all grown up.
Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- 2 slices bread
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons jam or jelly (my favorites are strawberry and blackberry)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Prepare your favorite peanut butter and jelly as you usually would. Spread peanut butter and jelly onto one slice of bread then top with the second slice.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Melt ½ Tablespoon butter in the skillet then swirl around to coat. Place sandwich into skillet and grill until crisp and golden brown. Use a spatula to lift sandwich and set aside on a plate. Melt the other ½ Tablespoon of butter in the skillet, then place the sandwich back in the skillet, untoasted side down. Grill the other side until golden brown, remove, cut in half and serve.
- Alternatively, you can butter the outsides of the bread before placing them in the skillet. I find it's easier to melt the butter in the skillet, but do whatever you prefer! Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 559kcal Calories from fat 269|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 30g||46%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Recipe by Neighborfood