These Broiled Oranges with Toasted Coconut make for a perfect light dessert or palate cleanser between courses. They’re easy to make, so you can whip them up for a quick afternoon snack or brunch accompaniment as well.
Today I’m going to keep things simple.
I’m going to rub sugar into bright, juicy oranges, broil them up, and top them with coconut. And I’m going to call it dessert.
Because today isn’t about who makes the best ham or who finds the most eggs or who has the prettiest colored egg.
Today is about Jesus. It’s about resurrection. New life. Hope. Victory over the grave.
Could there be anything better?
Today, instead of fretting over lunch or the cleanliness of my house or the state of my flower beds, I’m going to be fully present. I’m going to sing a little too loudly in that pew at the side of the church. I’m going to fill my table with mismatched glasses and paper plates (yes PAPER plates…the horror!). I’m going to share a simple meal with my family. I’m going to say grace, and I’m going to have a lot to thank God for.
These oranges are a lovely way of celebrating this Resurrection Sunday. Every bite is like a burst of spring. Sweet, juicy, refreshing.
They make for a perfect light dessert or palate cleanser between courses. They’re so easy to make (3 ingredients people! 3 ingredients!), you can whip them up for a quick afternoon snack or brunch accompaniment as well. The smell alone is excuse enough to make them. It’s like the tropics blew through your front door and made themselves at home.
The easiest way to eat these is with a grapefruit fork, but you know what the most fun way is? Cut each half in quarters and just take a big bite. Let the juice run down your chin. Lick your lips. Go back for more. Enjoy every messy, drippy, sticky bite.
Have a blessed Easter everyone!
strong>Better with Citrus Breakfasts:
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes from Gotta Get Baked
Big On Citrus Breads & Condiments:
- Honey Lime Dressing from Ruffles & Truffles
- Lemon Poppyseed Sweet Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Loaf from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Moroccan Preserved Lemons from MarocMama
Make You Pucker Salads, Sides, & Main Dishes:
- Ceviche from Cookistry
- Cilantro Lime Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Citrus Ginger Chicken from Kudos Kitchen
- Easy Indian Lemon Chicken from Soni’s Food
- Grilled Orange & Lime Chicken Thighs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Meyer Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus with Brown Rice from Daily Dish Recipes
- Orange Chicken from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Red Cabbage and Red Pepper Salad with Citrus Dressing from Family Foodie
- Seared Cod with Grapefruit Fennel Slaw from Magnolia Days
- Tangy Lemon Rice with Grated Mango & Roasted Cashew from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Sour Citrusy Sweets & Desserts:
- Blood Orange Sorbet from My Cute Bride
- Broiled Oranges with Toasted Coconut from Neighborfood
- Clementine Curd from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Creamsicle Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Dairyfree Key Lime Meringue Bliss from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fresh Lemon Mousse from Comfy Cuisine
- Frozen Lemon Dessert from Gourmet Drizzles
- Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake from Simply Gourmet
- Honey and Lemon Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Key Lime Biscotti from Juanita’s Cocina
- Key Lime Cheesecake from Flour on My Face
- Key Lime Cookie Bars from Supper for a Steal
- Key Lime Truffles from What Smells So Good?
- Lemon Blueberry Polenta Cake from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lemon Coconut Cinnamon Rolls from Chocolate Moosey
- Lemon Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Lemon Cream Pie Push Pops from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Layer Cake from Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Ricotta Cake from The Urban Mrs.
- Meyer Lemon Snack Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mini Meyer Lemon Pies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini Orange Cream & Lemon Cream Scones from The Foodie Army Wife
- No-Bake Lemon Cheese Cakes w/Blueberry-Lemon Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Olive Oil Cake with Orange Marmalade from Hip Foodie Mom
- Omiyage California Citrus Cake from Ninja Baking
- Orange Cake with Orange Syrup from The Lovely Pantry
- Pink Grapefruit Pie from In the Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Pink Lemonade Pound Cake from In the Kitchen with KP
- Sugar-Free Lemon Meringue Pie from Webicurean
- Tarte au Citron from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Sour Sips & Drinks:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter today to talk all about citrus recipes! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.