These Gluten Free White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are packed with goodies like dried cranberries and toasted coconut for a soft, chewy, puffy cookie perfect for the holidays or any day!
Every year, my mom and I get together for a day of Christmas baking which usually ends in a table covered with half-decorated cut out cookies and the two of us passed out on the couch. We tend to overdo it just a tad.
When mom had to give up gluten four years ago, our tradition took on a slightly different feel, but with the same outcome. All purpose flour was replaced by brown rice flour and almond meal, and our standard cut out recipe was replaced by these lovely linzer cookies. While we’ve learned quite a bit about flour blends and xantham gum over the years, nothing beats the convenience and ease of using a single flour in a recipe. That’s why I was thrilled to learn about Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 flour blend.
This blend is designed to be used in all of your gluten-full recipes at the same ratio as all purpose flour, which makes transforming your favorites into a gluten free version a cinch. This year, mom and I had a hankering for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, so we decided to take our favorite all purpose flour recipe and see if Bob’s Gluten Free Flour could stand the test.
When it comes to cookies, I figure the more delicious things I can pack into it the better, so along with white chocolate and macadamia nuts, we also decided to throw in some toasted coconut and dried cranberries. The combination of sweet, tangy, creamy, and nutty was enticing, and the gluten free flour held up well to everything we threw at it. I was so impressed with how lofty and thick these were, and I loved the hint of golden color they got on the top. Unlike some gluten free baked goods which turn out crumbly and hard, these cookies held together well and had a nice soft and chewy texture.
Needless to say, these were a huge hit, not only with Mom and I, but with all of the other gluten eaters as well. They’re a great after school snack with a big glass of milk or a delightful addition to your holiday cookie trays. If you like cookies packed with flavor and texture like we do, these are sure to be a hit!
Gluten Free White Chocolate Cranberry Coconut Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 flour
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the macadamia nuts and coconut on a baking pan. Toast in the oven for 8 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is well-combined.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until creamy, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, salt and soda and stir until just combined.
- Add the white chocolate chips, cranberries and toasted coconut and macadamia nuts and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop heaping Tablespoon size balls of dough and place on parchment lined baking sheets, 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on pan then remove and cool completely.
Recipe by NeighborFood
Looking for more gluten free cookies? Try these!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies from Ambitious Kitchen
Gluten Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from Roxana’s Home Baking
Gluten Free Lemon Poppyseed Cookies from Gluten Free on a Shoestring
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.