This shop, featuring cheesy, snackable Savory Ranch Granola, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Quaker. As always, all opinions are mine alone. #QuakerUp #MyOatsCreation #CollectiveBias
Somewhere between the gingerbread men and the peppermint cake rolls, I find myself developing an uncommon affliction–the savory tooth. For most of the year, my teeth are 100% sweet. I will happily munch on cookies, grab a brownie after dinner, or go out for ice cream every night of the week. But this time of year, even I get a little sugared out.
It was this sugar overload that caused me to give my Quaker Old Fashioned Rolled Oats a second glance. Well, that, and the pretty packaging. This year, Quaker’s limited edition holiday canisters are available at Target stores, complete with snow capped pines and the friendly face of the white-haired Quaker man.
Normally, I would waste no time scooping up this canister and turning it into one of my favorite holiday traditions, like soft and chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies or Baked Oatmeal. But this year, my savory tooth was demanding something different.
I didn’t want to stray too far from tradition, so I turned to one of my other favorite seasonal recipes–homemade granola. Granola is such a great gift to give around the holidays. It’s easy to make and looks so pretty in a glass jar all tied up with string.
But I figure why should the chocolate chips and dried fruit have all the granola fun? Why not give that crunchy creation a cheesy, Ranch-y twist?
This recipe is just as easy to make as classic granola, but has the tangy, cool, savory flavorings of dill, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Filled with the crunch of oats, nuts, and seeds, it’s a great snack to munch on in between cookie platter sessions, and a lovely gift for truffle-weary souls.
If you’d like to snag Quaker Oats limited edition holiday canisters, download a coupon and head to Target to get your own. Available in old fashioned and quick oats, whip up all your favorite holiday recipes, both savory and sweet.
Savory Parmesan Ranch Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups mixed nuts (I used almonds, walnut pieces, and pistachios)
- 1 cup mixed seeds (I used pepitas)
- 2 cups grated or finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, seeds, and Parmesan. In a small bowl, whisk together the parsley, dried onions, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, salt, pepper, egg whites, and olive oil. Pour the oil mixture over the oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread the oats out on two large rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through, until oats are golden and crispy. Cool on the pan then store in an airtight container for several weeks.
Recipe by NeighborFood