Posted by Courtneyhttps://neighborfoodblog.com/2015/08/cajun-burgers.html
© 2015 Neighborfood. All rights reserved.
3 adjust servings
10 minsPrep Time
15 minsCook Time
25 mins Total Time
For the burgers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fine sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun or blackening seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (omit if your Cajun seasoning includes salt)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 buns, buttered on the inside
For the sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo or Miracle Whip (we used Miracle Whip)
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. molasses or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- In a medium bowl mix together ground beef, egg yolk, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
- Divide into three equal portions and gently shape into patties. Place a small indent in the center of the burgers with your thumb.
- Preheat a grill or cast iron skillet to medium heat. Place burgers on the grill or in a bit of oil in the cast iron skillet. Cook until browned, about 4-6 minutes, then flip. Cook the other side until browned and meat is cooked through, another 4-6 minutes, depending on how well done you like your burgers. Top the burgers with cheese when there's about 2 minutes left of cook time.
- Place buns on the grill, buttered side down and grill for about a minute.
- Meanwhile, mix mayo, ketchup, molasses, and Cajun seasoning in small bowl.
- Top buns with cheese, lettuce, red onion, sauce, and burgers. Stuff your face!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 945kcal Calories from fat 577|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 64g||98%|
|Saturated Fat 24g||120%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|