Posted by https://neighborfoodblog.com/2018/01/easy-parmesan-pasta.html
© 2018 NeighborFood. All rights reserved.
Easy Parmesan Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Green Beans
5 minutesPrep Time
20 minutesCook Time
25 mins Total Time
- 12 ounce package chicken sausage, sliced into coins (I prefer cheesy or garlicky versions)
- Kosher salt
- 1 lb. gemelli pasta
- 1 14.5 oz. can Del Monte® Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans
- 1 15.25 oz. can Del Monte® Fresh Cut Sweet Whole Kernel Corn
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 10 fresh basil leaves, sliced into strips
- 1 Tablespoon good quality olive oil *see note*
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Kosher salt to a large pot of water. Cover the pot and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Uncover, add the pasta, and stir. Set the timer for 3 minutes less than what the package calls for to make "al dente" pasta. When the timer goes off, stir in the Del Monte® canned vegetables. Boil the remaining 3 minutes then drain the pasta and vegetables, making sure to reserve at least 1 cup of the water.
- Meanwhile, saute the chicken sausage over medium heat, flipping occasionally, until browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, vegetables, and chicken sausage. Toss with the olive oil, then stir in Parmesan cheese. Stir together, adding small pours of the hot pasta water as you go. (You likely will not need the entire cup). Continue to stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is coating the pasta, adding additional water if needed. Taste, then season as desired with additional salt and pepper. Top with fresh basil. Serve.
Since you'll be using the olive oil as a finisher for this dish, and it's not being cooked, I recommend using a high quality extra virgin olive oil. Flavored oils, like basil and garlic, can really shine here too.
Loading nutrition data...