What information do we collect?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment or subscribing to an email newsletter.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
NeighborFood uses third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. NeighborFood has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party providers.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Mediavine (read more in the Advertising section below)
- Amazon Associates (read more in the Advertising section below)
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies by the Website by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. Please visit your specific browser’s website to learn more detailed information about how to disable cookies. Please keep in mind that deactivating the setting of cookies in your Internet browser may make some functions of the Website unusable.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
How is my information used?
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Every email will include a link where you can opt out of future communications.
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Advertising and Affiliate Links on NeighborFood
- Affiliate Program Participation- The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. NeighborFood is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. None of this information is shared with third parties.
We love when you leave comments on the site! We require your name and email address so that we can confirm you are a human. This also allows us to notify you of responses to your comment. Please be aware, comments, including your name, are public. However, your email address will never be displayed publicly and is never shared with third parties.
Rights Related to Your Personal Information
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Amend – You may contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive Personal Information
Information for Minors
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
NeighborFoodblog.com does not accept any responsibility for injury sustained as a result of following the recipes, advice or tips offered throughout this blog. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet allergy advice. As of July 2017, NeighborFood has added nutritional guidelines to most recipes. Please note, these figures should be considered estimates. Differing ingredients and brands can cause these numbers to fluctuate. Under no circumstances will neighborfoodblog.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting for your reliance on nutritional information.
To obtain an accurate representation of the nutritional information in a recipe from neighborfoodblog.com, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. There are online calculators available for this purpose. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information provided is accurate, complete and useful.
All photos or images that are not taken by Courtney Rowland have either been purchased, used with permission, credited and linked back to their outside sources, or believed to be in the public domain and readily available on the Internet (published according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act, title 17, U.S. Code). Any photos taken by Courtney Rowland/NeighborFood are rights protected. Failure to link back and credit our site as their source constitutes a copyright violation.
Paid Sponsorships and Endorsements
This is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All opinions remain solely my own. I strive to only recommend products or brands I use myself and believe are worthy of my endorsement. Paid sponsorships or advertising are always identified as such.