Let the crock pot do all the work with this easy Slow Cooker Asian Sesame Beef. Vegetables and tender beef soaked in a honey sesame sauce, this is a one pot meal everyone will love.
Every year as the clock turns toward October, I have a mental struggle. I love pulling the scarves from the back of my closet and breaking out my boots for the very first time. But with every falling leaf and crisp evening, I know we’re hurdling towards winter. And guys? I am not even close to ready. Sure, I’m grateful I can break out the baggy sweaters and camouflage the baby bump that no longer contains a baby, but scraping snow off my car is not even my 20th favorite way to start a morning.
So I celebrate October with just a hint of reservation, treasuring the golden light, the crystal blue skies, and the fiery trees. When the evenings hint of the bitter cold that’s to come, I break out the crock pot and take comfort in a warm, hearty meal.
I didn’t think it was possible, but my love for my crock pot has grown exponentially since our son was born. Being able to prep dinner in the mornings while he’s snoozing peacefully has saved us from eating cereal for dinner more than once.
Ohio Beef is my go-to for a quick crock pot meal. I love stocking up on roasts to get us through the colder months. Normally I go with a more traditional roast, but lately I’ve been craving Asian food, so I swapped the usual carrots, onions, and potatoes for mushrooms, snap peas, and peppers then coated everything in a sweet and savory Honey Sesame Sauce that rivals the local Chinese restaurant.
The beef is cooked until fall apart tender then ladled over rice for a complete meal that comes together in minutes. There’s no easier way to put a healthy meal on the table. Just a 3 ounce portion of beef provides 10 essential nutrients and half the day’s recommended protein. With Ohio Beef I know I’m supporting family farmers who are committed to excellent animal care, protecting the environment, and providing safe, quality beef to consumers like me. That’s a warm fuzzy fact I can carry with me through the coldest winter nights.
To celebrate Crocktober and make it easier for your family to enjoy a quick, healthy meal at home, Ohio Beef is giving away one 6 Quart Crock Pot Cook and Carry Slow Cooker to a lucky reader. To enter to win, simply leave a comment and tell me what your favorite crock pot recipe is! Also, be sure to check out Ohio Beef on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram for more great slow cooker beef recipes.
- 1 2-3 pound beef roast
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (or tamari for a gluten free option)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup beef broth
- 8 mini sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch.
- 4 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms
- Additional sliced bell peppers, chives, and sesame seeds for serving
- Place the roast in a slow cooker and top it with the sliced bell peppers and snap peas. In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, vinegar, sesame seeds, and beef broth. Pour the mixture over the vegetables. Set the crock pot to low for 5 hours or high for 7-8 hours.
- Remove the beef from the crock pot and place it on a cutting board. Scoop out about ¼ cup of the liquid from the pot and whisk it together with the cornstarch. Stir the mixture back into the pot along with the mushrooms. Cover and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes on high, or until the sauce is slightly thickened. Meanwhile, shred the beef and prepare some rice to go with it, if you'd like.
- Add the beef back into the slow cooker and stir to cover it in the sauce.
- To serve, ladle the beef over rice and top with additional sliced peppers, chives, and sesame seeds.
This post is sponsored by the lovely folks at Ohio Beef. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands I love!
Looking for more easy Beef Slow Cooker Recipes? Check these out from my fellow Ohio bloggers!
Slow Cooker 4-Ingredient Shredded Beef Tacos by A Cedar Spoon
Bloody Mary Pot Roast by Jelly Toast
Easy Crockpot Pot Roast by Lemons for Lulu
Slow Cooker Swiss Steak by Tastes of Lizzy T’s