Can we talk about something? It’s about chin hairs.
This bark can be made in 15 minutes, doesn’t require a thermometer, and can be enjoyed in under an hour. It is not stressful or maddening like chin hairs.
Enough mini pretzels to cover a 11 x 17 in rimmed baking pan (I used about 75% of a 1 lb. bag)
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Sea salt, if desired
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a 11 x 17 inch rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and cover with broken pretzels.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar together over medium heat. Let the mixture come to a gentle simmer and continue to cook, without stirring for 3 minutes.
3. Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the pretzels.
4. Bake for 5 minutes.
5. Place the pan on a cooling rack and immediately pour chocolate chips evenly over the top.
6. Wait about 5 minutes then use a spatula or knife to spread chocolate evenly over pretzel mixture. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt, if desired.
7. Let the toffee cool completely (this takes a few hours), then break into pieces and eat! (You can speed up the process by placing pan in the fridge or freezer.)