I’m at home this week recovering from surgery and finally starting to feel like a human again. It’s amazing what a shower and a fresh pair of sweat pants can do for a girl. I’ve still got a guaze mustache and some serious mouth breathing, so basically I’m totally irresistible. The Mr. is taking great care of me but refuses to let me do anything more strenuous than drink through a straw, so instead of sharing a new recipe today, I thought I’d share with you all some of the things I’ve been digging lately.
1. Ridiculously talented tweens remaking Jason Mraz’s “I won’t give up.” Totally wasn’t expecting that.
2. This post by the always thoughtful, funny, challenging, and inspiring Jen Hatmaker. Love this girl’s blog, but this particular post had me rolling. Here’s what I would add to her list.
Picking up prescriptions. Not a fan. Why, oh why, don’t they just have pharmacies at the doctor’s office? Because you know the first thing you want to do when you’ve found out you have strep throat is go stand around a super market for an hour in your ratty hair and old T-shirt surrounded by other people as equally sick and grumpy as you are. Put the pharmacy in the Doctor’s office. Problem solved.
3. Urban Renewal. I’m not talking about fixing up abandoned homes or putting super hip coffee shops in the inner city (though believe me, I’m a huge fan of that kind of urban renewal too). No, I’m talking about Urban Meyer, the new football coach for the Ohio State Buckeyes. So we don’t get to play in a bowl game this year. I’m still thrilled to be able to watch the Bucks rebuild this year. And seeing a few more catches like this one sure couldn’t hurt either. I especially love the reactions of the guys standing in the background when they see the catch. I felt the same way.
4. The wonderfully feminine and vintage dresses at Shabby Apple. *swoon*
5. These life giving, soul soothing words from Claudia of My Fascinating Life. Ladies, here me on this one. There is no perfect woman out there who makes quilts out of recycled paper, has an emaculately clean and perfectly decorated house, a freezer full of organic budget friendly meals, and works out for 2 hours every day while planning exciting projects for their kids. Don’t let Pinterest make you feel inadequate, because let’s be honest, most of the time my day to day life is kind of a hot mess. I hope Claudia’s words can encourage you in the deadly comparison struggle as much as they did me.
6. And finally the only Tailgating recipe resource you’ll ever need. A round up of 135 (That’s right 1-3-5) Tailgating recipes over at How Sweet Eats. What more could a football loving foodie ask for?
What about you? What are you loving right now? What’s got you excited, made you laugh, or challenged you this week?