Posted by https://neighborfoodblog.com/2013/07/citrusy-zucchini-muffins-king-arthur-flour-cookbook-giveaway.html
© 2013 NeighborFood. All rights reserved.
Zucchini Citrus Muffins
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grated zest from one lemon (you can also use orange zest or a mix of both)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tray.
- Place cranberries in a 1 cup measuring cup and cover with warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes then drain and squeeze excess water out with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest in a medium sized bowl. Stir in the walnuts and cranberries.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and oil. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour the wet ingredients in. Use a wooden spoon to gently stir the batter until barely combined. Gently fold in the zucchini.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups--you'll fill them nearly to the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops spring back when touched. Remove from the oven, cool for 5-10 minutes, then turn out of the pan to finish cooling.
Loading nutrition data...