Posted by Courtneyhttps://neighborfoodblog.com/2013/12/spiced-cranberry-apple-crisp-sundaysupper.html
© 2013 Neighborfood. All rights reserved.
Spiced Cranberry Apple Crisp
8-10 adjust servings
45 minsPrep Time
35 minsCook Time
1 hr 20 mins Total Time
For the apples
- 8 apples--I used a hodge podge of apples that were hanging out in my fridge
- 7 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the topping
- 1-1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, cold
- 1-1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan or other large, deep casserole dish.
- Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced apples, fresh cranberries, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, orange zest, juice, and vanilla. Toss until the apples and cranberries are coated. Place the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Add the oats, flour, brown sugar, and salt to the same mixing bowl, and stir them together until combined. Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut the butter into the oat mixture until it forms coarse crumbs.
- Pour the crumbs over the apple mixture then place the pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until fruit is soft and crumb topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 460kcal Calories from fat 170|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 19g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||55%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|