Posted by https://neighborfoodblog.com/2014/06/tex-mex-enchilada-skillet-lasagna.html
© 2014 NeighborFood. All rights reserved.
Tex Mex Skillet Lasagna #ChooseDreams #SundaySupper
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 whole wheat lasagna noodles, broken into 2 inch lengths
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a very large saute pan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno. Cook until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in the corn then season the mixture with cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt.
- Scatter pasta onto meat but do not stir. Pour diced tomatoes with juice and enchilada sauce over pasta. Cover and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 20-25 minutes. Allow the mixture to simmer uncovered for the final five minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Allow the mixture to stand uncovered for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is thickened. If desired, you can throw it under the broiler for a few minutes to brown on top. Serve with fresh avocado slices and cilantro.
Loading nutrition data...