This No Bake Peach Delight brings the flavors of cheesecake and fresh summer peaches together into one easy no bake summer dessert!
One of the things I love about old Mennonite church cookbooks is the vagueness of the recipe titles. There’s Sweetheart Pudding, Friendship Bread, Strawberry Yum Yum, and Farmer’s Pride Loaf. You might not know exactly what you’re getting with these old favorites, but you can be sure it will be delicious. The Mennonites know their way around a kitchen.
One of my favorite vaguely titled Mennonite recipes is this Peach Delight. It’s one in a collection of “delights,” including the more familiar Cherry Delight and the mysterious Italian Delight, which admittedly sounds like the recipe for a shady lunch your high school cafeteria served.
So what is it exactly that makes this dessert so delightful?
I’m so glad you asked. Peach Delight is made of three no-bake layers. The first is a simple graham cracker crust. The next, a cool, creamy cheesecake mousse, and the last a layer of fresh, juicy peaches covered in peach Jello. The resulting bars are so colorful, with a brilliant fiery pink and orange topping that’ll remind you of a summer sunset. And the taste? Well, there’s a reason it’s called Peach Delight. The combination of peaches and cheesecake could bring a smile to the grumpiest face.
Like most Mennonite desserts, this one makes a large pan that’s perfect for sharing. I brought it to a church gathering, and it disappeared in no time. So go ahead and embrace the unknown and give this Peach Delight a chance. I promise it’ll be delicious.
For the topping
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 3 ounce package peach jello
For the crust
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 12-13 whole grahams)
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
For the filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping, thawed
- 5-6 peaches, sliced
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Add the water then bring the mixture to a gentle boil, whisking often, until it forms a thick gel-like consistency. Stir in the jello and continue to cook until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Combine the graham crackers, butter, and brown sugar in a bowl then press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the whipped topping. Spread the mixture over the graham cracker crust. Top with sliced peaches.
- Once the jello mixture has cooled to room temperature or is just barely warm, pour it over the peaches. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 297kcal Calories from fat 135|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 15g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|