Posted by Courtneyhttps://neighborfoodblog.com/2015/09/salted-milk-chocolate-cherry-oatmeal-cookies.html
© 2015 Neighborfood. All rights reserved.
Salted Milk Chocolate Chunk Cherry Cookies
24 cookies adjust servings
13 minsPrep Time
20 minsCook Time
33 mins Total Time
- 2 sticks (16 Tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks (about 3 chocolate bars broken into pieces)
- 1 cup dried cherries
- Flake sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Add the flour, oats, baking powder, soda, salt and beat on low speed until well combined. Stir in the milk chocolate chunks and cherries. Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours or overnight. If you're in a hurry, you can scoop the dough onto baking sheets and freeze for 15 minutes.
- To bake, drop heaping Tablespoons of dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden and mostly set. Allow the cookies to set up completely on the cookie sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with flakes of sea salt and store in an airtight container.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 222kcal Calories from fat 96|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|