Posted by Courtneyhttps://neighborfoodblog.com/2016/02/strawberry-chocolate-chip-pancakes.html
© 2016 Neighborfood. All rights reserved.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes
4 adjust servings
20 minsPrep Time
15 minsCook Time
35 mins Total Time
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, separated
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- About 12 strawberries, sliced (see note for directions on heart shaped slices)
- Canola oil
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Syrup, for serving
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolk, melted butter, buttermilk, and milk. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Stir gently with a wooden spoon until just combined. It's good if the batter is still a bit lumpy. Gently fold in the egg white and chocolate chips.
- Heat a large, flat skillet over medium heat. Put a small amount of canola oil in the pan. Drop ¼ cup amounts of batter onto the pan, giving it space to expand. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. If you'd like to place the strawberries in the pancake, layer the slices on at this point. Flip the pancakes and cook for another few minutes or until golden on both sides. Serve with slices strawberries, whipped cream, and syrup.
To slice the strawberries into heart shapes, cut them in half first then slice a rounded v through the top of each half. Slice in half again for thinner slices, if desired.
You can make these with the strawberries in the batter or simply piled on top. Putting them in the batter is a little more complicated but does make the berries wonderfully warm and soft!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 498kcal Calories from fat 212|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 24g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|