All you need is five ingredients to whip up these lovely, scrumptious Spinach Artichoke Egg Tarts. Your spring breakfast/brunch/lunch/snack problems are solved!
Tis’ the season! No, I’m not talking about twinkling lights and mistletoe. I’m talking about spring showers, and I don’t mean the rainy kind. Spring is full of celebrations for the new mommas and babies in our lives. I’ve already attended my first baby shower of the season, and I know another wedding shower is in my near future.
Showers tend to get a bad rap for being cheesy, but I secretly love them. There’s just nothing happier than weddings and babies. Even if I have to try to decipher the contents of a diaper with a melted chocolate bar inside, I’m happy to have an excuse to hang out with my gal pals for a few hours. Plus, I love brunch. If you read this blog at all, that’s probably pretty apparent. Any day I get to indulge in lemon blueberry bread, egg cups, poppyseed muffins, or fancy pants chicken salad sandwiches is a good day in my book.
Today, I’m adding to your spring brunch repertoire with these easy, elegant Spinach Artichoke Egg Tarts. I had grand visions for these things, but honestly, I couldn’t have predicted how amazing these turned out to be. They are so simple to make, look really lovely, and taste fantastic.
It all starts with a mixture of La Terra Fina’s Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Dip, a couple of eggs, and some shredded gruyere cheese. Honestly, La Terra Fina’s Spinach Artichoke Dip is so good, I never feel the need to make my own. With that as a base, these tarts are a breeze to throw together. Eggs provide fluffiness and bring these firmly into brunch territory, while a handful of gruyere cheese does what it does best: make everything irresistible.
From there, all you need is some puff pastry, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Just five ingredients is all it takes to throw together these beauties and GOSH, are they ever good. The delicate, flaky puff pastry wrapped around a rich, creamy spinach artichoke filling is a superb combo. These will fly off your spring brunch tables!
If you’d like to make them in advance, you can bake them up then freeze them on a baking sheet for 30 minutes before storing in the freezer in an airtight container. When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven and simply bake again for hot, crispy, perfect tarts!
5 Ingredient Spinach Artichoke Egg Tarts
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (10 oz) container La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke and Parmesan Dip
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded gruyere, divided
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush 18 of the cups in 2 muffin tins with butter.
- Spread the puff pastry out then use a pastry cutter or sharp knife to slice each sheet into 9 equal pieces. Place a piece of puff pastry in each muffin cup then brush the insides with butter.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the dip, eggs, ½ cup gruyere cheese, and pinch of salt and pepper. Divide the dip mixture evenly among the puff pastry cups. Sprinkle the remaining gruyere over top.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until eggs are puffed and set. Cool slightly then run a knife around the edges and pop the cups out. Serve immediately or freeze them on a baking sheet for 30 minutes then transfer to a ziplock or freezer safe airtight container until ready to serve. When ready to bake, preheat the oven, place tarts on a rimmed baking sheet, cover with foil, and bake for 16-18 minutes or until piping hot clear through.
This post was developed in partnership with La Terra Fina. As always, all opinions are my own. If you’d like to find out more about their line of premium dips, spreads, and quiches, visit their website or check them out on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.