Posted by Courtneyhttps://neighborfoodblog.com/2017/06/grilled-salmon-with-mango-salsa.html
© 2017 Neighborfood. All rights reserved.
Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
8 adjust servings
15 minsPrep Time
25 minsCook Time
40 mins Total Time
This paprika, honey, and garlic rubbed salmon is grilled in a foil packet and topped with fresh mango salsa for a light and refreshing summer meal.
For the salmon
- 2 lb. whole skinless salmon fillet
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon apple cider vineger
For the mango salsa
- 2 large ripe mangos, chopped (or substitute 2 1/2 cups frozen mango)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno (seeded if you don’t want a lot of heat), diced
- Squeeze of lime
- Lots of fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Brush a large, heavy duty piece of foil with olive oil. The foil should be long enough to lay the salmon on top and wrap completely around it. Mix all the spices together and rub on both sides of the salmon. Whisk together the honey and apple cider vinegar and brush it on both sides of the salmon. Place the salmon on the foil and bring the sides together, sealing it tightly. Grill for about 12 minutes then carefully open the foil packet (steam will escape so be careful!). Leave the the foil packet open, cover the grill, and continue to grill for another 3-5 minutes or until the fish flakes apart easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, toss all the mango salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. This can be made several hours in advance and the flavor actually gets better as it sits.
- To serve, divide the salmon up into individual portions and spoon the mango salsa on top.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 333kcal Calories from fat 143|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|