Break out the syrup, sprinkles, and whipped cream, because we’re throwing an epic pancake bar party!
There’s no better party than a pancake party, where the toppings are plentiful and PJs are 100% acceptable attire. I’ve thrown together a couple pancake bars over the years, and it’s one of my favorite ways to celebrate pretty much anything. Birthdays, showers, girl’s brunch, Christmas…there’s always a good reason to throw a pancake party.
This is a party you can easily prep ahead and customize to your family’s needs. The toppings options are endless, but the best pancake parties start with the best pancakes. I’ve been making these Perfect Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes for years now, and they never disappoint. They’re always thick, always light and fluffy, and always get that perfect golden ring around the outside. I don’t claim to have the best recipe very often, but this is one of them. I like to make a big batch of pancakes ahead of time using an electric skillet. Let the pancakes cool, then stack them between sheets of parchment paper and either refrigerate or freeze them for later.
The morning of, you can reheat the pancakes in the oven or the microwave. No more standing over a hot stove dishing out a few pancakes at a time while hangry souls clamor at your feet. Everyone gets hot and fresh pancakes at our pancake party!
Once you’ve got your pancakes in order, pick out some fun toppings. Here are a few ideas to get you started. Don’t feel like you need to have all of these! A few from each category will give you a good mix.
- Room temperature butter, obviously
- Peanut Butter
- Cookie Butter (my personal fav…it adds that gingery spice that screams holidays!)
- Fruits (My personal must-haves are blueberries, strawberries, and sliced bananas, but sauteed apples and peaches are also lovely).
- Toasted nuts
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Mini chocolate chips
- Whipped cream
- Maple syrup, warm, because I’m not a monster
Once you’ve picked out all your toppings and spreads, put them in some fun bowls (or just leave them in the jars. Let’s be honest, no one will care because YOU’RE THROWING THEM AN EPIC PANCAKE PARTY). I like to make some sausage or bacon to have on the side, along with some yogurt. Lay out your pancake buffet, and watch the kids’ eyes light up when they see they’re having sprinkles for breakfast. I’m convinced there is no greater joy.
The toppings combos here are endless, but my absolute favorite (especially around the holidays) is cookie butter, sliced bananas, pecans, and maple syrup. Hoooo-weeee, y’all. That is the stuff Christmas morning dreams are made of.
Now, any great pancake party is going to be…well…a little sticky by the end. If you haven’t dripped syrup or scattered a few (dozen) sprinkles, you aren’t doing it right. That’s when I turn to my A-team of cleaning supplies to make short work of the mess. A couple Bounty paper towels and a quick Swiffer is all it takes to get things (mostly) back in order, so I can go on enjoying the party (or taking that much needed post-pancake breakfast nap).
While I love throwing a great party, hosting around the holidays can be overwhelming. All that shopping and cleaning and prepping? It’s not my spiritual gift, y’all. I’m not about adding more stress to my life this time of year, which is why I’m LOVING using Meijer’s Home Delivery service, shopped by Shipt, for all my grocery + cleaning products. With an easy ordering system, I can get everything I need for entertaining–from buttermilk to toilet paper to laundry detergent–delivered to my door the very same day. (Can I get a Hallelujah??) If you want to experience some real Christmas magic, have groceries delivered to your door. It is marvelous.
In the hopes of making YOUR holidays a little less stressful this season, I’m thrilled to be offering one grand prize winner a $200 Meijer gift card PLUS a free 1 year Shipt subscription (a $99 value). Two additional winners will receive a free 1 year Shipt subscription. You can use the subscription to buy your holiday baking supplies, grab those last minute stocking stuffers, and make sure your home is stocked with pantry essentials like paper towels and toilet paper.
I’m also happy to offer ALL of you $50 off a one year subscription to Shipt! Use the code 6FA73FB7FK2 before 12/31 and you’ll pay just $49 for the year. In addition, if you spend $20 on P&G products like Tide, Febreeze, Swiffer, Puffs and Bounty between 12/11 and 1/4, you’ll get a $5 credit! Go to Shipt.com/offer to redeem your credit!
To enter to win, simply leave a comment on this post telling me how you’ll spend the time you saved using Shipt! Please take a moment to check out Shipt’s coverage map before entering to ensure you’ll be able to use the giveaway! The giveaway will be open until December 17th at 11:59 PM EST. Winners will be chosen at random.
To learn more about Shipt and the #BeMerrywithMeijer campaign visit Shipt.com/Meijer. Here’s to a happier party season, with less stress and more pancakes. Good luck!
Pancake Bar Party
Use this guide to create an epic pancake bar everyone will love!
For the pancakes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, separated
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- Canola or coconut oil, for frying
For the bar
- Softened butter
- Peanut Butter
- Cookie Butter
- Fruits (Strawberries, bananas, blueberries, or sauteed apples and peaches)
- Toasted nuts
- Shredded coconut
- Whipped Cream
- Warm maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, soda, and baking powder.
- In another medium bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks, then whisk in the butter, buttermilk, and milk.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry mixture and stir gently until barely combined.
- Add lightly beaten egg whites to the mixture and gently stir until a thick, lumpy bumpy batter forms. Stop before the batter smooths out. Lumpy batter is good!
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and cover with a thin layer of neutral oil. Drop quarter cups of batter onto the preheated pan. Cook until bubbles start to appear on the exposed surface of the pancake. When bubbles appear, flip pancake and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until browned. Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool. Repeat with remaining batter. SEE NOTES FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON MAKING AHEAD AND FREEZING.
- To make the bar, place all of your toppings in bowls. Place them on your counter top or kitchen table and allow your guests to make their own creations!
To make ahead: Once the pancakes are cooled, stack them between sheets of parchment paper and place them in a ziplock bag. Refrigerate or freeze for up to 2 months.
When you're ready to party, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Wrap the pancake stacks in foil or lay them on a sheet pan and wrap the sheet pan in foil. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until hot. There is no need to defrost the pancakes. Alternatively, place stacks of 2-5 pancakes in the microwave and microwave for 1 minute.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of P&G. The opinions and text are all mine.