Summer may be ending, but that doesn’t mean we have to stop eating ice cream. These Caramel Apple Cider Ginger Ale Floats are the perfect excuse to eat ice cream all season long.

Caramel Apple Cider Floats are the perfect excuse to eat ice cream all season long!

Last year, the Mr. and I discovered apple cider and ginger ale taste really great together. I don’t know why it took us 27 years to make this connection. It seems rather obvious in retrospect. Apples and ginger are always a winning combo, and what could be better than apple cider than apple cider + fizzy ginger pop?

Well, as it turns out, there is something better than apple cider and ginger ale. It’s Apple Cider + Ginger Ale + Ice Cream + Caramel Sauce. In case the math got a little fuzzy there, the answer to that equation is “Holy Autumn Goodness.”

Apple Cider and Ginger Ale team up for these killer Caramel Apple Floats!

I can hardly call this a recipe. It’s more of a suggestion, and that suggestion is: make these as soon as possible. Play around with the ratios until you get the perfect balance between cider, ice cream, and ginger ale. If it takes you five tries, that’s okay. I’ll come drink the experiments if you need me to. All in the name of science, of course.

Let’s talk caramel sauce for a sec. You can buy it from the store. Sometimes I do that. But I’ve never had a store bought sauce as amazing as this homemade Salted Caramel Sauce. It is the. best. And not terribly difficult to make either. You’ll want to put an irresponsible amount of it on top of these floats. I know I did.

Apple Cider and Ginger Ale pair up in this killer Caramel Apple Ice Cream Float!

I hope you’ll get a chance to enjoy these while it’s still semi-warm outside, but if you’re like me and ice cream makes up 20% of your diet on a year-round basis, you can enjoy these for months to come. I made these with plain ol’ vanilla ice cream, but after the fact I realized I could have used Jeni’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream. It’s actually probably better I didn’t think of this beforehand. That combo might have made my brain explode. Or maybe it would have made unicorns real. I guess we’ll never know. Unless you try it. Which you should. Report back…that is, if you’re still able to form words at that point.

These Caramel Apple Cider Floats are the perfect excuse to eat ice cream all winter long!

My #SundaySupper friends have a cornucopia (<<see what I did there?) of recipes to welcome fall this week. Check out all the pumpkiny, chili, apple, cozy goodness below the recipe!

Caramel Apple Cider Ginger Ale Floats #SundaySupper

Ingredients
For each float you will need:
  • 2-3 scoops vanilla or caramel ice cream
  • Apple Cider
  • Ginger Ale
  • Caramel sauce (storebought or homemade)
Instructions
  1. Scoop 2-3 scoops of ice cream into each glass. Fill them halfway with apple cider. Fill the rest up with ginger ale. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Serve immediately.

Recipe by NeighborFood

Check out the #SundaySupper team’s fall inspired recipes below!

Appetizers and Drinks

Soups, Stews, Chili, and Casserole

Salads and Side Dishes

Main Dishes

Desserts and Baked Goods

Sunday SupperJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.

• Wendy September 21, 2014, 9:29 AM

My husband would LOVE this…he’s a fiend for apples. With my love of ice cream, it’s a dessert that BOTH of us will enjoy!!! It’s warm enough here in TX to enjoy ice cream pretty much year-round, so this is going in my “must try soon” file!!

• Courtney @ Neighborfood September 25, 2014, 3:24 PM

I hope you and your husband both FLIP for these. You can even share a glass and get two straws, just like the movies! On second thought, you’ll probably each want your own. 🙂

• Susan Pridmore September 21, 2014, 2:30 PM

Oh my gosh this looks wonderful! My mom and I used to have floats on Sunday afternoons and they were one of my faves. And I can absolutely imagine how well ginger ale and apple cider go together. Genius!! Totally trying this!

• Courtney @ Neighborfood September 25, 2014, 3:24 PM

What a fantastic tradition Susan! I think we may have to start a Sunday afternoon float tradition as well.

• Nichole C September 21, 2014, 2:59 PM

This looks sooo good! Like I wouldn’t mind licking the caramel off the glass, good. What a great idea, and combo.

• The Ninja Baker September 21, 2014, 3:24 PM

Grrrrreat photos, Courtney! Pinning! Yes, Jen’s Splendid ice cream is great but how fantabulous to add your own caramel sauce =)

• wearenotmartha September 21, 2014, 5:52 PM

Ahhh I cannot get over this! I pinned it yesterday and now I’m staring at it, dying for a sip!

Sues

• Liz September 21, 2014, 7:39 PM

My daughter loves root beer floats, but these trump any and all floats I’ve ever seen!!!

• Shannon @ Killer Bunnies, Inc September 22, 2014, 12:20 AM

Aw man, I gotta go out and buy apple cider now! This looks fantastic!

• Cindys Recipes September 22, 2014, 5:44 AM

Interesting combination. I love each on its own but together this float sounds really good!

• Shaina Wizov September 22, 2014, 2:44 PM

This looks so delicious. Your pictures and food styling here is incredible!

• Christina Telea September 22, 2014, 3:36 PM

Holy goodness and mercy, this sounds amazing. Buying and making ASAP!

• Joanne (eats well with others) September 23, 2014, 7:14 AM

Being that I’m currently Obsessed with a capital O with Angry Orchard’s ginger apple cider…I’m pretty sure i need a BIG mug full of this float in my life.

• Julie @ Texan New Yorker September 24, 2014, 5:33 PM

This looks amazing, your pictures are stunning! I would be all over this. 🙂

• Jennifer Miller September 24, 2014, 9:16 PM

What mouthwatering pictures! Wow – I’m drooling right now – speechless- these look almost sinful —

• Courtney @ Neighborfood September 25, 2014, 3:23 PM

Thanks so much Jennifer! The amount of caramel sauce I put on mine was rather sinful. 😉

• Katie October 10, 2014, 7:18 PM

I’m interested in trying it with hard cider.

• Courtney @ Neighborfood October 11, 2014, 11:34 AM

THAT is a fabulous idea!

• Katie October 11, 2014, 3:25 PM

I almost stopped and got the stuff for it last night, but it’s probably a good idea I restrained myself! Need to use the buddy system with these, I think.

• Katie R October 24, 2014, 5:05 PM

Courtney, I just read through this recipe today and it looks absolutely amazing, but I can’t neglect to tell you that your commentary is even more amazing! ” I made these with plain ol’ vanilla ice cream, but after the fact I realized I could have used Jeni’s Salted Caramel Ice Cream. It’s actually probably better I didn’t think of this beforehand. That combo might have made my brain explode. Or maybe it would have made unicorns real. I guess we’ll never know. Unless you try it. Which you should. Report back…that is, if you’re still able to form words at that point.” I laughed so HARD!!! You crack me up!