Posted by Courtneyhttps://neighborfoodblog.com/2012/05/frozen-strawberry-fluff-with-gluten.html
© 2012 Neighborfood. All rights reserved.
Frozen Strawberry Fluff with Gluten Free Option
16 adjust servings
20 minsCook Time
20 mins Total Time
For the fluff
- 2 egg whites *see note
- 16 oz. frozen strawberries, thawed slightly
- 3/4 cup sugar (you can also add one very ripe banana and reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup)
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the crust
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 18 whole graham crackers) *see note for GF option
- 1 Tablespoon water or more, if needed
- Sliced strawberries, chocolate syrup, and fresh whipped cream (optional)
- In a small bowl combine melted butter and crushed graham crackers. Stir until the crumbs start to adhere together. If needed, add water by the Tablespoon until the crumbs stick together. Use the Tablespoon of butter to grease 2 9 in deep dish pie pans or 1 9x13 inch pan. Use your fingers to press graham cracker mixture into the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat sugar, egg whites, and strawberries (and bananas if you're going that route) for 15 minutes or until puffed and fluffy. Stir in cool whip and vanilla.
- Divide strawberry mixture evenly between the 2 pans. Wrap tightly in saran wrap, then foil and freeze for 24 hours. Keeps in the freezer for 3 months. To serve, place frozen pan in an inch of extra hot water for about 5 minutes then slice. Top with fresh berries, whipped topping, and chocolate syrup, if desired.
*There is a small risk in consuming raw egg whites, specifically for vulnerable populations such as young children, pregnant women, or those with a compromised immune system. If you're worried about raw egg whites, look for pasteurized eggs in your grocery store.
*For gluten free version, substitute graham crackers with 2½ cups gluten free graham cracker crumbs-Kinnikinnick is the brand I usually use.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 210kcal Calories from fat 102|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|