What did you do this weekend?
We spent the weekend camping near Lake Erie with friends of ours. It was a wonderfully relaxing time, but it had been quite a while since we’d actually tent camped, and we were more than a little unprepared.
The good thing is, we learned, and next time we’re out enjoying mother nature we’ll be ready!
So without further ado, here are our 7 tips for surviving a weekend of tent camping.
1. Bring antibacterial. Always.
2. Spray sunscreen is far superior to the lotion kind.
3. Pack lawn chairs. Picnic table benches are not comfortable and you can’t wrap a picnic table about a bonfire, soooo definitely not ideal.
4. Marshmallows melt into one gigantic, sticky glob when left out in the 80 degree sun. Who woulda thought?
5. We’re not 18 anymore. It’s time to buy an air mattress. This back can’t do the whole sleeping-on-the-ground thing anymore.
6. Zyrtec. Don’t forget it.
7. Lakes aren’t clean and may or may not contain dead fish that cause stubbed toes. Act accordingly.
So you’re probably wondering about the burger. It’s everything you love about a taco just with a fancy new delivery system. Fresh and easy, they’re perfect for a family cookout or, perhaps, a weekend camping trip. Whether you choose to make these over a grill or a blazing fire, these are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Taco Burgers with Green Chili Salsa
Serves 3 people
Recipe by Neighborfood
For the burgers: