I can hardly believe it’s already time to wrap up another year of blogging. This year has brought big changes in my life, the most notable one being quitting my job to pursue food blogging full time. It’s been a crazy ride since then, but I’ve loved every minute of it. Thank you for being here with me, listening to my crazy stories, leaving comments, and sharing your own favorites with me. I’m so happy to share this space with you.
In honor of another year of good eating, I’m bringing you my most popular recipes of 2014, including a few of my personal favorites. I learned a few things about all of you when I looked over your favorites. It appears you’re a fan of easy meals, comfort food, tater tots, and the occasional sweet indulgence. This is why we’re friends.
Without further ado, I give you the Top 10 Most Popular Posts of 2014!
1. Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French Dip Sandwiches– I posted this recipe last January, thinking I would get the cold shoulder for sharing something with cheese and carbs (the horror!!) right after the holidays. Instead, this recipe quickly became not only the most popular of the year, but the most popular recipe on my site OF ALL TIME. It’s simple, delicious, comfort food, and I love that you guys appreciate that, whether it’s January 4th of November 1st.
2. Easy One Pot Fudge Brownies– These were a game changer. Homemade brownies that could be made in less than 20 minutes and taste better than the box? Yes, please.
3. Easy Garden Fresh Tomato Basil Soup– Are you sensing a theme here? Easy does it, friends.
4. Apple Crumb Coffee Cake– It’s apples and cake for breakfast. ‘Nuff said.
5. Panko Crusted Chicken Piccata– My only regret is that I didn’t share this recipe years ago. It’s one of our family’s all time favorites.
6. Nigella’s Flourless Chocolate Orange Cake– Nigella blew my mind with this cake made from whole boiled oranges and a short stint in the blender.
7. Cheesy Sausage Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole– You guys are totally down with eating tater tots for breakfast. This is why I love you.
8. Tex Mex Enchilada Skillet Lasagna– Can I get a cheer for the one pot meal?? Hip-hip!
9. Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork– My favorite recipe for tailgating, an easy weeknight meal, or a casual party.
10. Caramel Apple Cider Ginger Ale Floats– One of the easiest and most fun recipes I’ve ever made. These are too good to be limited to one season.
Plus, just for fun, here are four of my personal favorites of 2014!
11. Peach Slump with Maple Caramel Sauce– This dessert is like a love song to summer (and my taste buds). The maple caramel sauce is so incredible, it made it into at least two more recipes before the end of the year.
12. Roasted Tomatoes and Goat Cheese– Again, a summer favorite. There’s nothing quite like the simple sweetness of slow roasted cherry tomatoes paired with creamy goat cheese. This post also happens to be one of the writing pieces I’m most proud of.
13. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cobbler– Okay, okay. I’m a sucker for the fruity desserts. But this one not only has the fruit and cake thing going on, but also chocolate chips AND wine. It’s perfection.
14. Chipotle Shrimp Sandwiches with Jalapeno Peach Salsa– This sandwich has it all. Sweet, spicy, zesty, and so fresh. I love it to pieces.
I absolutely can’t wait to make more recipes with all of you this year. What were some of your favorites of 2014? Did you discover something new that rocked your kitchen? What type of recipes are you looking for in 2015? I’d love to hear it! Leave a comment and let me know!