This Frozen Oreo Ice Cream Dessert is ridiculously easy to make and results in a creamy, fluffy, chocolatey dessert that’s loaded with chunks of Oreo cookie!
I have always loved having a summer birthday. Sure, I had to share my birthday celebration with all the other summer birthday kids at school, but the trade offs made it more than worth it. Summer birthdays meant sleeping in, going to the pool, reading for hours, and staying up as late as I wanted with my girls that night. It also meant eating ice cream, and not just any ice cream–Oreo Ice Cream Dessert.
Some people may wish for fancy cakes on their birthdays. I wish for ice cream. Or maybe Strawberry Shortcake. But mostly, ice cream.
My mom has been making this Oreo Ice Cream Dessert for as long as I can remember. It’s ridiculously easy–so much so that I feel a wee bit embarrassed sharing it with you. This dessert is only three ingredients–vanilla ice cream, whipped topping, and Oreos. The directions are equally short and sweet: Mix everything together, put it in a pan, and freeze. The whole thing will take you 10 minutes, tops.
I know what you’re thinking. Isn’t this just Cookies and Cream ice cream? Well, yes. Sort of. It is. But hear me out. Have you ever bought Cookies and Cream ice cream at the store only to be disappointed by a lackluster vanilla ice cream with barely visible chocolate crumbs strewn about? Well, you won’t be running into that problem with this dessert. You have total control over the Oreo goodness here. I personally like mine left in big chunks, so I barely break them up before mixing them into the ice cream. I’ve even considered leaving the Oreo cookies whole before. Why not, right? This is your Oreo Ice Cream Dessert. You can do whatever you want!
It’s tough to describe to you why this is so good. The ice cream is ethereally light and creamy with giant slices of chocolate and cream Oreos throughout. Some people in my family like to spread a layer of fudge on this dessert before freezing, but I prefer to slice it and then put a drizzle of hot fudge sauce on top right before digging in. It is fantastic. And simple. That’s everything I could want in a birthday dessert.
Oreo Ice Cream Dessert
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 1 8 ounce container whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package Oreo cookies, crushed to the size of your liking
- Hot fudge sauce, for serving
- Allow the vanilla ice cream to sit out of the freezer for a few minutes to soften slightly. Once it is easily scoopable, combine the ice cream and whipped topping in a large bowl and blend well. Gently stir in the Oreo cookies, leaving them in as big or small chunks as you'd like. Scoop the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch pan or a 9 inch springform pan. Freeze.
- When ready to serve, cut into slices then drizzle with hot fudge. Enjoy!