Posted by Courtneyhttps://neighborfoodblog.com/2017/04/berry-frozen-yogurt-bites-with-honey-granola.html
© 2017 Neighborfood. All rights reserved.
Berry Frozen Yogurt Bites with Honey Granola
24 adjust servings
30 minsPrep Time
10 minsCook Time
40 mins Total Time
Get your fruit and yogurt parfait in frozen form! These granola, fruit, and yogurt bites are a perfect cool, creamy treat on a hot day.
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (I use whole milk yogurt)
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons honey
For the jam
- 2 cups mixed berries (I used a frozen mix)
- 1/4 cup honey
For the granola
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (certified gluten free if needed)
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the oil, honey, and vanilla extract until well combined. Spread the mixture out onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then stir. Return to the oven and bake another 7-10 minutes or until granola is golden brown. Scrape the pan as soon as it gets out of the oven, then leave on the baking sheet to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the jam. Combine the berries and the honey in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to an active simmer, and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes, or until berries are thickened and jam-like. Cool to room temperature or refrigerate overnight.
- To make the bites:
- In a bowl, whisk together the greek yogurt, milk, and honey until the texture is pourable but not runny. Gently fold in the jam so a swirl remains throughout the yogurt, or, if you prefer, mix completely together.
- Line 2 mini muffin pans with 24 liners (foil liners work best, but paper works in a pinch). Place a couple pinches of granola in the bottom of each one. Spoon the yogurt mixture over top, filling each one nearly to the top of the cup. Sprinkle the tops with a little more granola. Cover with saran wrap and freeze for at least three hours or overnight. We've found these taste the best when they're removed from the freezer about 10 minutes before eating.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 122kcal Calories from fat 52|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|