This Asparagus, Ham, and Cheese Frittata is gluten free and perfect for a lazy morning.
Leftover ham anyone?
Yeah, me too.
Lots and lots and lots of ham.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good ham and cheese sandwich, but after 3 days I need something different.
Like a fluffy asparagus and ham frittata. With cheese.
Because I never, ever get tired of cheese. Ever.
This dish can be whipped up in about 20 minutes and the oven does all the baking so you can set the timer and go focus on more important things. Like what your next Pinterest project will be or if you plan to ever finish the Pinterest project you started two weeks ago (and no, of course this isn’t the story of my life right now).
This is also a great make ahead meal. Prepare all your ingredients the night before, pour it in a pan, and let it sit in the fridge. In the morning all you have to do is turn on the oven and pop the dish in. It’s so simple you’ll be able to handle it before you even touch your first cup of coffee.
45 minutes later you’ll have warm, fluffy, golden frittata.
Oh yeah, and did I mention it’s gluten free?
Lazy morning Easter leftover win!
P.S. Don’t forget you still have until Saturday night to enter for a chance to win a handheld mandoline slicer! Check it out here!
Asparagus, Ham, and Cheese Frittata
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe by Neighborfood
1 cup milk (I used 2 percent)
1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup chopped ham
1 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
8-10 asparagus spears, with about 1-2 inches trimmed from the bottoms
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Grease a 9 inch deep dish pie pan or other oven safe dish (a cake pan or glass casserole dish would work fine too). Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. (If coming straight from the refrigerator add the pan to the oven before preheating).
2. In a large sauce pan, bring about 6-8 cups of water to a boil. Add asparagus spears and cook for 2 minutes or until bright green. Drain water and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet saute oil and onion until soft and translucent, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until thoroughly combined. Stir in cheeses, ham, and onion.
4. Pour mixture into greased pan. Fan asparagus spears over the top of the dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until outside is browned and center is set.