This Caramel Banana Bundt Cake is a show stopper!
So I thought about using this space to convince you of all the reasons you should make this Caramel Banana Bundt Cake.
I could tell you how elegantly simple it is. Or how moist and flavorful. Or how darn good it tastes warmed up in the microwave with a scoop of ice cream on top.
But then I decided to save us both time and make this nifty flowchart instead! Just answer the questions below and find out if you should be headed to the kitchen to make Caramel Banana Bundt Cake!
Not convinced? Maybe this will help.
Moist banana cake topped with salted caramel sauce. What is not to love about this??
If you prefer a banana sheet cake, try this Banana Crumb Cake!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large extra ripe bananas, smashed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup caramel sauce, homemade
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a large bundt pan, or use a cooking spray that includes flour, like Baker’s Joy.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars. Beat on medium high speed, scraping the bowl down occasionally, until the mixture is lighter in color and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the bananas and beat on low until combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the mixer and beat on low. Add the buttermilk and beat again, scraping the bowl as needed. Add the remaining flour mixture and beat on low until just combined, then increase the speed to medium and beat until smooth and well combined, about 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 60-65 minutes, covering the top with foil at the 40 minute mark. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10-15 minutes, then loosen any edges and invert onto a cooling rack to complete cooling.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 4g
Please note nutritional information for my recipes is calculated by a third party service and provided as a courtesy to my readers. For the most accurate calculation, I always recommend running the numbers yourself with the specific products you use.