This Bacon Apple Brie Sandwich starts with baked bacon and comes together quickly with the addition of apple, brie, spinach, honey mustard, and buttered bread all grilled to perfection.
Say hello to my new favorite sandwich.
It’s creamy, savory, sweet, and tangy. Everything you loved about grilled cheese as a child but with a lot of grown up sass.
This sandwich starts with one of the Mr.’s favorite things: baked bacon. It comes together quickly with the addition of apple, brie, spinach, honey mustard, and buttered bread all grilled to perfection.
This honey mustard is my favorite, but in case you can’t get Woebler’s, I’ve included the recipe for my best replication below. It’s thick, sweet, and tangy…like any good honey mustard should be.
Bacon Apple Brie Sandwiches
Recipe by Neighborfood
Yield: 2 sandwiches
4 slices bread
4-6 slices bacon
1 apple, thinly sliced (I prefer a sweeter apple)
4 oz. brie cheese
Honey Mustard (see recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place bacon strips on foil lined cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 13-20 minutes (depending on thickness of bacon and crispness desired).
2.Butter one side of each piece of bread. Don’t skimp here! The Mr. says grilling perfection requires butter smeared to the very edges of the piece of bread.
3. Place two slices of bread, buttered side down on flat skillet. Slice brie cheese then place on top of buttered bread in pan. Place apple slices on top of brie. Add second piece of bread, buttered side up, on top of apples.
4. Place skillet on burner set to medium heat. Grill for approximately 4 minutes, flip sandwiches and grill for another two minutes. (You may need more or less grill time–quit when bread is golden brown and cheese is melted)
5. Remove from skillet. Open sandwich on apple side, add bacon and spinach, and drizzle with honey mustard. Serve.
Recipe by bakeeatrepeat.blogspot.com
Yield: 1/3 cup
2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In small bowl whisk ingredients together until well combined. Chill.