Posted by Courtneyhttps://neighborfoodblog.com/2013/04/fajita-style-grilled-cheese.html
© 2013 Neighborfood. All rights reserved.
Fajita Style Grilled Cheese
2 adjust servings
10 minsPrep Time
5 minsCook Time
15 mins Total Time
- 4 slices bread
- 2 slices monterey jack or pepper jack cheese
- 6 mini sweet peppers or half a sweet bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- Spread the butter on one side of each of the four slices of bread. The Mr. is adamant that butter coverage must be even. Spread it clear to the edges. It's worth the extra .2 seconds.
- Heat one skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and allow it to heat. Add onions and peppers to the skillet. Allow them to sit for 1-2 minutes without stirring to develop some char. Then stir and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until just soft.
- Meanwhile, heat another skillet over medium heat. Place all the bread slices butter side down into the skillet. Place the cheese slices on top of two of the bread slices. Cook until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove bread slices to plate. Place onions and peppers on top of melted cheese then cover with the other slice of grilled bread. Dig in!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 538kcal Calories from fat 248|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 28g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||44%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|