Posted by Courtneyhttps://neighborfoodblog.com/2015/01/slow-cooker-honey-nut-granola.html
© 2015 Neighborfood. All rights reserved.
Slow Cooker Honey Nut Granola
12 adjust servings
2 hours 30 minsPrep Time
15 minsCook Time
2 hrs 45 mins Total Time
- 5 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a large slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the oats to the slow cooker.
- In a food processor, grind half the almonds to fine crumbs then add them to the slow cooker. Grind the remaining almonds into small to medium chunks and add them to the oat mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and Kosher salt and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the coconut oil until liquid. Whisk in the honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the oats and stir until evenly coated.
- Leave the lid slightly off seal on the crock pot, then cook the granola for 2½ hours on low, stirring every 30 minutes, until granola is evenly golden. Spread the granola out on a sheet of aluminum foil and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 361kcal Calories from fat 183|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|