Tis the season for fruity drinks! This Blueberry Mojito Mocktail is fresh, fruity, and perfect for spring brunches and showers!
When the Mr. and I go out to eat, I don’t usually order a cocktail. It’s partly because I’m cheap and the price of cocktails at fancy restaurants makes me choke, but it’s also partly because I like to save my calories for the main attraction: the food.
If I do order a cocktail, you can bet it’s going to be something fruity or frozen. I’m a sucker for a peach bellini, a frosty strawberry daiquiri, or a fuzzy navel, but if there’s any kind of berry mojito on the menu that’s going to be my pick 100% of the time.
With the weather warming up and my food blogging friends posting all sorts of gorgeous boozy berry concoctions, I’ve been feeling more than a little thirsty. Baby R and I might not be able to indulge in the boozy beverages, but that doesn’t mean I have to go without the fresh, fruity, citrus flavor of my favorite drink!
These Blueberry Mojito Mocktails took a few tries, but I’m happy to say they’re exactly what I was after. They start with a dreamy blueberry simple syrup, which is what gives this drink it’s gorgeous color. The simple syrup is muddled with lime and mint and topped off with ice and a bit of sparkling water. This drink is sweet, refreshing, and tastes like summer. And since it’s alcohol-free, it’s a great drink to bring to a baby shower or family event with the kiddos.
Speaking of family events, today the #SundaySupper team is talking all about picnics! We’re breaking out the blankets and coolers and taking our meal to the great outdoors. There’s no better way to celebrate spring than with good food and lots of sunshine. From appetizers to beverages to desserts and everything in between, these recipes were meant to be enjoyed al fresco, so pick your favorites, grab a few friends and head to the patio!
For the blueberry simple syrup:
For each drink:
More Great Picnic Recipes Ahead:
- Caprese Skewers by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crisp Cucumber Salsa with Southwest Style Chips by Momma’s Meals
- French Onion Dip, with Greek Yogurt by Casa de Crews
- Mediterranean Spiced Hummus by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Pepperoni Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Watermelon Salad by annaDishes
- Blackberry Lemonade by The Redhead Baker
- Blueberry Mojito Mocktails by NeighborFood
- Grandma’s Stuff by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Minty Cardinal Punch by Food Lust People Love
- Pineapple Ginger Lemonade Spiked with Turmeric by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sangria Punch by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade by Noshing With The Nolands
- Avocado Sriracha Egg Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Barbecue Ranch Quinoa Chicken Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Boneless Chicken Wings by Nosh My Way
- Burger Ice Cream by Brunch with Joy
- Chicken Salad Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Spanish tortilla by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli & Tomato Pasta Salad by Flour On My Face
- Buffalo Macaroni Salad by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Couscous Veggie Salad with Pesto by Cooking Chat
- Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Granola Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Style Asparagus Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- No Mayo Slaw with Poppyseed Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Spiralized Beet and Goat Cheese Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sweet and Tangy Brussels Coleslaw with Fennel, Chopped Apples and Golden Raisins by Simply Healthy Family
Soups and Salads:
- Barley and Rice Salad by Family Foodie
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Dried Cranberries by Food Done Light
- Layered Mason Jar Pasta Salad for Two by The Weekend Gourmet
- Smoked Turkey Salad by Our Good Life
- Spinach Salad with Apples & Pecans in an Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Bacon-Bulleit Brownies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fudgey Coca Cola Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Earth Day Cupcakes by Savory Experiments
- Gluten Free Cookie Bars by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Lemon Lime Pound Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Lemon Yuzu Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Lemon Chess Pies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- No-Bake Cookie Butter Chex Mix Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Peanut Butter Bars by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peanut Butter Carob Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sourdough Chunk Cookies by What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.