This Baked Italian Sausage with Potatoes and Green Beans is a complete meal made on a single sheet pan.
If you love one pan recipes, also check out our Skillet Ground Beef and Potatoes.
This post is sponsored by Kroger. As always, all opinions are my own.
One Pan Sausage and Potato Dinner FTW
Sausage is way underrated as a dinner option, in my opinion. It’s quick cooking, super flavorful, and can be used in everything from Italian Sausage Stew with White Beans to One Pot Orecchiette with Sausage and Broccoli.
Today, I’m going to be sharing one of our favorite ways to eat Italian sausage–cozied up next to some tender roasted potatoes and green beans!
This Sheet Pan Sausage and Potatoes is an easy way to get a well-rounded meal on the table. As a person who never remembers to plan for side dishes, sheet pan meals are the way to go. Your main dish and veggie is all in the same place, with minimal prep and minimal clean up.
I shopped all the ingredients for this Italian sausage dinner at Kroger. They are a one stop shop for all of the fresh and delicious ingredients I need–not just for this recipe, but for my whole list!
They believe everyone deserves access to fresh, affordable, and delicious food. I love shopping their huge variety of produce and products for every recipe and lifestyle.
Now that you know where to get your ingredients, let’s make dinner!
How to Make Italian Sausage with Potatoes
This recipe is all made on a single sheet pan. The trick is to give the potatoes a head start so they have plenty of time to soften before adding the sausage and green beans to finish the bake!
Ingredients for Italian Sausage Bake
- Uncooked Italian sausage links
- Potatoes-I love petite medley or baby potatoes, but you can use any kind of potato here. Just be sure to chop into smallish 1 inch chunks.
- Green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- Seasoning blend- rosemary, garlic powder, Kosher salt, black pepper, and olive oil
To bake the sausage:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with foil. Spray it with cooking spray.
- Mix up the olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, and Kosher salt. Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet and toss with half of the olive oil mixture. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss the remaining olive oil mixture with the green beans. Take the pan out of the oven, stir the potatoes, and nestle the green beans and Italian sausage in with the potatoes. Add cracked pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Bake a final 10 minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender.
What to Serve with Sausage and Potatoes
My kids like to dip these baked sausages in their favorite 6th food group: ketchup. My husband and I prefer a quick, tangy dijon mustard sauce. It cuts the richness of the Italian sausage perfectly and brings a nice zing to everything!
Tips for the Best Baked Italian Sausage
- Do not poke holes in the sausage before baking. Keep all those yummy juices inside!
- Use any kind of uncooked sausage for this recipe. Sweet, mild, and hot Italian sausage all work well. You can also use turkey or chicken sausage.
- Feel free to substitute different vegetables, just keep in mind you’ll want to use vegetables that bake for about the same time or can be baked in phases.
- Examples: If you’re using zucchini or yellow squash, add it to the pan during the last 15 minutes. Heartier vegetables like carrots, butternut squash, or sweet potato should be cut into smaller (1 inch) chunks and baked the full amount of time.
- Change up the seasonings to create your own flavor profile. Add thyme to this garlic/rosemary combo or try paprika, dried basil, and oregano.
More Sheet Pan Recipes to Try
Check out Kroger.com for more balanced and wholesome family recipes. They even have meal plans, expert advice, and recipes and products to fit any eating style or nutrition needs.
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage links
- 12 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 lbs. mixed baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
For the sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with baking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, rosemary, garlic powder, and salt. Add the potatoes to the pan and toss with half the oil mixture. Toss the remaining oil mixture with the green beans, and set aside.
- Spread the potatoes over the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir the potatoes, then nestle the green beans and Italian sausage on the pan. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes then stir the vegetables and turn the Italian sausages. Bake another 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Serve with sauce, if desired.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, whisk together all ingredients. Refrigerate any leftovers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1191mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 23g
Please note nutritional information for my recipes is calculated by a third party service and provided as a courtesy to my readers. For the most accurate calculation, I always recommend running the numbers yourself with the specific products you use.