These mini naan pizzas loaded with pesto, chicken, artichoke, and feta are my new favorite quick weeknight meal.
They say less is more, but when it comes to pizza, they’re definitely wrong. When it’s up to me to get the pizza, more is always more. I cannot comprehend the decision to order a plain cheese pizza. What is this treachery? When I get a pizza, I want it loaded. I’m a supreme girl all the way (minus the olives–I still can’t, guys). And if there are specialty flavors with all kinds of unusual toppings? Even better. Bring on the toppings, baby!
I love loaded pizzas so much, I had trouble naming this one because it’s piled with so many great things. I bypassed the red sauce in favor of pesto, then stacked up the mozzarella, chunks of chicken, artichoke, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, and feta. You might think all those toppings would be obnoxious, but they actually work together to create the ultimate tangy-creamy-salty-melty-best-pizza-ever explosion of flavor.
Still, I know some of you might not be more-is-more kind of people when it comes to your pizza. That’s why these individual sized naan pizzas are perfect. The Mr. spotted these on our first CostCo trip, and they’ve become a staple since then. They are great for customizing just the right pizza to each person’s taste. Your husband can’t stand artichokes? Leave them off. The toddler turns his nose up mushrooms? No worries. Got a vegetarian coming to the dinner party? Skip the chicken. More feta for you? You’re my kinda people.
You certainly don’t have to use mini naans for this recipe. Feel free to use full size naan, your own favorite homemade pizza dough recipe, or refrigerated dough. Just make sure to preheat your pizza stone in a hot oven to ensure a super crispy crust!
Because these pizzas will look very different depending on how many you make and what amount of toppings everyone prefers, I haven’t included quantities in the recipe below. I hope this frees you up to experiment and customize to your family’s tastes. Now go forth and make your best pizza!
- Naan (either mini or full size)
- Shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- Leftover rotisserie chicken, chopped or torn into pieces
- Canned artichoke
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sundried tomatoes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Fresh chopped parsley or basil (optional)
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat it to 425 degrees. Place the naan (or multiple mini naans) on a piece of parchment paper set on top of a cutting board. Top with pesto, shredded mozzarella, chicken, artichoke, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with feta and drizzle with olive oil.
- Slide the parchment paper off of the cutting board onto the hot pizza stone. Bake the pizza for 8-10 minutes, until the veggies are starting to brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm with fresh herbs.
If Herbed Chicken is your thing, it pays to have some homemade chicken seasoning around, so you can have Air Fryer Chicken Thighs whenever you want!