This Three Cheese Lasagna Dip with bubbly layers of mozzarella, ricotta, and marinara sauce is an irresistible party appetizer.
What is it about dips that are so irresistible?
Is it the layers of flavors and textures? How crazy easy they are to make? The joy of dunking a chip or a cracker?
No wait, who am I kidding? It’s the cheese.
It’s definitely the gooey, melty cheese. It’s the cheese all golden browned and bubbly. It’s the cheese creating a string of yum from the pan to your cracker.
This Three Cheese Lasagna Dip with bubbling layers of mozzarella, ricotta, and marinara is an irresistible party appetizer.
Well, at least it is in the case of this lasagna dip. Three cheeses-ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella–with 2 layers of tomato sauce, a hint of garlic, and fresh sprinkling of basil.
This, my friends, is muy bueno.
I know it’s totally the wrong language for an Italian dip. But this girl doesa- not-a speak-a da Italian. So you get Spanish instead. I’m pretty sure every Italian in the world just shuddered a little. Sorry for that.
If you want the flavors of my Cottage Cheese Lasagna in a fraction of the time, this Lasagna Dip is for you.
If you need a quick appetizer for New Years Eve, this dip is for you.
If you just need saucy cheesy goodness delivered to your face in less than a half hour, this dip is for you.
We served this at a neighborhood gathering and it was gone in about 30 minutes. Which is great…and terrible, since the event was supposed to last 2 hours. What did we learn? Always double the lasagna dip.
We paired them with Triscuit’s sun dried tomato and basil crackers (Ohmalordie!) and they were the perfect compliment, but any tasty cracker or even pita will do you just dandy. And *triple bonus points* this dip is gluten free AND vegetarian. Can you say WINNA?!
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- 14-16 oz. jarred spaghetti or pizza sauce (check to make sure it's gluten free! I used Prego's traditional)
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Dried Italian herbs
- Fresh basil
- Crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic cloves and cook until fragrant, stirring often, about 1 minute.
- Grease a 9 inch deep dish pie plate and spread ricotta evenly across the bottom. Spread cooked onion mixture on top of ricotta.
- Layer ½ the tomato sauce followed by ½ the mozzarella over the onion. Then repeat.
- Grate about ¼-12 cup Parmesan cheese over the last mozzarella layer. Sprinkle evenly with dried Italian herbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Remove, sprinkle with fresh basil, and serve warm with crackers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 504mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g